Overview of various statistics about reproducible builds
A general website
- Reproducible-builds.org is available now. We think that reproducible builds should become the norm, so we wrote
- How to make your software reproducible . Also aimed at the free software world at large, is the first specification we have written: the
- SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH specification .
These pages are showing the potential of
- reproducible builds of Debian packages . The results shown were obtained by several jobs running on jenkins.debian.net. Thanks to Profitbricks for donating the virtual machines this is running on!
We are reachable via IRC (
- coreboot ,
- OpenWrt ,
- NetBSD ,
- FreeBSD ,
- Arch Linux and
- LEDE , though not as thoroughly as Debian (yet?) - and testing of
- Fedora has just begun, and there are plans to test F-Droid and GNU Guix too, and more, if you contribute!
#reproducible-buildson OFTC), or email, and we care about free software in general, so whether you are an upstream developer or working on another distribution, or have any other feedback - we'd love to hear from you! Besides Debian we are also testing
|Various reproducibility statistics||source based||amd64||i386||armhf|
|identified distinct and categorized issues||245|
|total number of identified issues in packages||6894|
|packages with notes about these issues||6564|
|packages in unstable with issues but without identified ones||280 / 1.1%||727 / 2.9%||787 / 3.1%|
|- unreproducible ones||172 / .6%||574 / 2.3%||529 / 2.1%|
|- failing to build||108 / .4%||153 / .6%||255 / 1.0%|
|packages in unstable which need to be fixed||5767 / 23.1%||6298 / 25.2%||6128 / 24.6%|
|- in testing||1978 / 8.3%||2611 / 11.0%||2416 / 10.2%|
|committers to notes.git (in the last three months)||16|
|committers to notes.git (in total)||46|
|packages modified in our toolchain (in unstable)||1|
|Sum of bugs with usertags related to reproducible builds, excluding those tagged 'ftbfs'||724||1380||2104|
|Sum of all bugs with usertags related to reproducible builds||1320||3779||5099|
|Stats are from 2016-09-25.|
The sums of usertags shown are not equivalent to the sum of bugs as a single bug can have several tags.